ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Check guests’ identification and serve alcoholic drinks adhering to state and local regulations
- Mix ingredients to prepare drinks, serve draft beer, bottled beer, wine and liquor according to procedure/ recipe and restaurant specifications
- Perform correct money transactions and make correct change utilizing Point-of-Sale system
- Communicate with guests and team members to promote specials and suggestions
- Reconcile daily bar inventories with bar cash-received totals
- Maintain neat, clean and organized bar area according to restaurant specifications; lift and empty bus tubs, prep and stock bar (e.g., juices, fruit, etc.), clean glassware, morning and after-hours cleaning, mopping, and removal of bar floor mats
- Responsibility to maintain personal hygiene by washing hands thoroughly, using the appropriate cleaning materials and resolving hazardous spills in a timely manner.
- Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload as assigned by the Director of ARC Industries or the C.E.O.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow personnel policies closely.
- Foster cooperative staff relationships and effective teamwork.
- Shall maintain as harmonious, pleasant, and positive work environment as possible by following established standards for desirable conduct; including but not limited to discrimination, sexual harassment and alcohol/substance abuse.
- Actively promote a cohesive, cooperative working atmosphere by maintaining a safe, hazard free work environment, adhering to call OSHA and ADA requirements.
There are no supervisory responsibilities.
Must be 21 years or older to pour alcohol.
Must have food handler’s card.
California Driver’s License
Criminal Background Check
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bartender experience preferred
High school diploma or equivalent.
Prior restaurant experience and/or cocktail server (3-5 years)
Ability to read, write and speak fluently in English; bi-lingual preferred (English & Spanish)
A restaurant/bowling alley and entertainment environment. Work stations may be drafty due to its location by the door with medium to loud noise levels. Servers are constantly standing, walking, bending, stretching, carrying trays with multiple items. Hazards may include, but are not limited to slipping, tripping, spilling trays, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is estimated percentage of daily physical requirements and/or number of pounds that my need to belated on the job, include: 100% standing and/or walking during entire shift; 75% reaching, bending and stooping; 50% carries 20-30lbs over medium distance (20-30 feet) and long distance (30-60 feet); 100 % verbally communications with guests and staff.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide within all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent. Ability to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
I have read and understand the above job responsibilities, requirements and position qualifications. I certify that I am able to perform all job duties as outlined and meet all qualifications as designated. I further understand that any report of negligence or abuse to a client on my behalf will be investigated and, if warranted, prosecution will ensure to the fullest extent as applicable by law.
ARC-IV is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available persons in every job. ARC-IV’s policy prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, military or veteran status, or any other consideration prohibited by federal, state, or local laws. ARC-IV will ensure that all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, military or veteran status, or any other consideration prohibited by federal, state, or local laws.