ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must obtain and maintain food handler’s card.
- Assist with the selection and preparation of menu selections according to recipe specifications for each day.
- Accurately measures, assembles ingredients and cook items according to recipes and menu specifications.
- Ensures quality and proper presentation of food products for serving to in-house customers, within the restaurant or properly packaged for take-out/delivery.
- Prepare food to be served complying with all applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards and following establish food production programs and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate cooking equipment to include conventional ovens, induction stove tops, pizza ovens, kitchen knives and other utensils, use of pots and pans, etc. Initiates repairs as needed.
- Assures that all raw food items are washed thoroughly and stored properly.
- Periodically, will redirect the focus of individuals assigned to clean the kitchen area; assure customer satisfaction with food quality and presentation.
- Works cohesively with servers and cashiers to ensure that customers have an exceptional dining experience.
- Will ensure assigned staff clean and reset the tables at the conclusion of each meal break.
- Responsible for appropriate use of supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste, and fraud.
- Count all prepped items used in salad area checking for quality and proper rotation ensuring all salad mix is prepped a minimum of twice daily or once each shift. When “prep” is finished, label, date, rotate and store al items properly, return bulk items to walk-in-cooler to ensure items are kept within the limits of our of temperature danger zones.
- Determines amount and types of food and supplies required using production system.
- Receive deliveries in accordance with purchase orders in the absence of other supervisory personnel.
- Maintains personal health and sanitation standards (wash hands when using restroom, etc.).
- Responsible for daily final cleanup and lockup of the kitchen.
- Follow personnel policies closely.
- Foster cooperative staff relationships and effective teamwork. Shall maintain as harmonious, pleasant, and positive work environment as possible by following established standard for desirable conduct; including but not limited to discrimination, sexual harassment and alcohol/substance abuse, promote a better, more cooperative working atmosphere by maintains a safe, hazard free work environment, adhering to call OSHA and ADA requirements.
- Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload as assigned by the Director of ARC Industries or the C.E.O.
There are no supervisory responsibilities.
- Must have and maintain a food handler’s card.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One-year certificate from technical school preferred; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Fluent in English and Spanish.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, stirs, shakes pours and carries and pushes various items. Will have repetitive motion of the wrists, hand and fingers. Hazards may include, but are not limited to, cuts from knives, slipping, tripping falls, and burns.
Frequent contact/immersion in water, sanitation solutions, meat products, and poultry products and produce items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception ability to read orders on tickets. Frequent exposure to smoke, high-temperatures, humidity, or extreme cold.
I have read and understand the above job responsibilities, requirements and position qualifications. I certify that I am able to perform all job duties as outlined and meet all qualifications as designated. I further understand that any report of negligence or abuse to a client on my behalf will be investigated and, if warranted, prosecution will ensure to the fullest extent as applicable by law.
ARC-IV is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available persons in every job. ARC-IV’s policy prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, military or veteran status, or any other consideration prohibited by federal, state, or local laws. ARC-IV will ensure that all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, military or veteran status, or any other consideration prohibited by federal, state, or local laws.