ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under supervision will assist passengers in and out of vehicles.
- Aide shall be trained in passenger assistance techniques for developmentally and physically disabled persons.
- At minimum, aide will have knowledge of the procedures to use for boarding and existing riders onto and from the vehicle, and emergency procedures/evacuation in case of fire, accident, bad
weather, and other emergencies.
- Will work with consumer passengers on an individual basis to ensure seat belts are in place and
- Will become familiar and demonstrate the ability to operate the following:
- Wheelchair procedures.
- Wheelchair life mechanical operations.
- Vehicle to base radio operations.
- Will be responsible to have current CPR and First Aid cards.
- Will not accept gratuities.
- Must report passenger related situations to the driver.
- Will assist in maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of vehicles as assigned by the
Trainer. Interior and exterior of vehicles are to be kept clean and neat at all times.
- Will assist his/her trainer with completion of reports, vehicles inspections and daily logs.
- Well be well groomed and wear an agency-approved uniform with a name badge at all times when on duty.
- Will conduct his/herself in a professional manner at all time while on duty.
- Aide must be in a good physical and mental health at all times when riding in vehicles in service for the contractor.
- Must be able to stoop and crouch, exert pull force of up to 15 lbs., must be able to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Must be willing and able to cooperate, work and communicate with co-workers, supervisor, and staff of the ARC – Imperial Valley.
- Follow personnel policies closely. Foster cooperative staff relationships and effective teamwork. Shall maintain as harmonious, pleasant, and positive work environment as possible by following established standard for desirable conduct; including but not limited to discrimination, sexual harassment and alcohol/substance abuse, promote a better, more cooperative working atmosphere by maintains a safe, hazard free work environment, adhering to call OSHA and ADA requirements.
- Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or other wise to balance the work load, as assigned by the Transportation Coordinator or Director of Transportation.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CNA Certificate Preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Must be able to effectively communicate orally and written in Spanish and English.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to make sound and proper decisions by drawing on expertise with minimal negative effects on passenger relations, and/or department and agency goals. Willingness to take responsibility for these decisions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
ARC-IV is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available persons in every job. ARC-IV’s policy prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, military or veteran status, or any other consideration prohibited by federal, state, or local laws. ARC-IV will ensure that all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, military or veteran status, or any other consideration prohibited by federal, state, or local laws.