Independent Living Program
The primary focus of the services of the Independent Living Program is on helping the individual develop skills to live and work as independent as possible.
The areas of coaching may include, but are not limited to
- Housing Placement/Searching
- Parenting Skills
- Menu Planning
- Home Management/Cleaning
- Money Management
- SSI reporting
Other areas of coaching may include
- Ongoing Medical Care Monitoring
- Preventative Health Care
- Personal Health and Hygiene
- Emergency Procedures
- Community Transportation
- Home and Community Safety
Some fundamental concepts and strategies to help individuals achieve their goals will include but will not be limited to
- Adapting the environment to meet the individual’s needs.
- Encourage positive teaching and learning at every opportunity.
- Take advantage of real life experiences to teach goals
- Provide positive reinforcement at every level of teaching.
- Encourage independence and teach/learn that responsibilities accompany independence
For referrals to our program please call (760) 353-9976